Fall Day Camp is a half-day opportunity for all Cub Scouts and their families to kick off the school year with a fun experience. New Scouts and parents get to participate in activities like Archery, BB Guns, GaGa Ball, and games while learning about the year-round camping opportunities Scouting offers. Older Scouts get to learn new skills and enjoy fun outdoor activities.
Some Activities You'll Do At This Event
BB Gun Shooting
Take aim at a target and nail the bullseye with a BB gun
All the fun of go-karts combined with biking at camp!
Team Building Games
Enjoy the outdoors and hanging with your unit while doing new team building games each season.
We have climbing structures at four locations, providing physical and mental challenges to Scouts of all ages
Test your skills and win prizes with our exciting carnival games!
STEM activities can be anything that gets your unit thinking scientifically about a project.
Snack on a fun salty treat
Take up a bow and fire a few arrows toward the bullseye
Hiking at camp is a fantastic way to enjoy the environment.
Get yourself a camp souvenir or pick up something you may have forgotten at home.
Bouldering provides challenging horizontal routes for climbers that like the unique challenge of going sideways instead of up and down.
Our Low Ropes courses consist of real and imaginary challenges
Crafty things to do at our camps
Fall Day Camp is a Fun Day Camp for all Cub Scouts. We have fun activities for new Scouts and older Bears and Webelos.
Fall Day Camp is offered at 5 locations around the metro. So no matter your locations, we have a convenient option.
Program: 8:45 - 12:00
Program: 1:15 - 4:30
Fall Day Camp is designed to be an activity based program instead of advancement focused. New Scouts, however, will have the opportunity to complete most of the Bobcat Rank requirements.
LOCATION SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES
Base Camp (Team Building Center): Rock Climbing
Stearns Scout Camp: BB Guns, Pedal Carts
Phillippo Scout Camp: BB Guns, Pedal Carts
Rum River Scout Camp: BB Guns, Obstacle course
Kiwanis Scout Camp: BB Guns, Pedal Carts
Fall Day Camp FAQ
WHO CAN GO TO FALL DAY CAMP?
Calling all Cub Scouts! Fall Day Camp is open to all Cub Scouts, their families, and friends.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
2024 fees have not been determined at this time. For reference, the 2023 fees have been left below:
- Youth (ages 5 & up) $12
- Youth (4 & under) FREE
- Adults FREE
NEW CUB SCOUTS CAN ATTEND FOR FREE!
Any Scout who has registered this fall can attend Fall Day Camp for free! Your Cubmaster will receive a passcode to help your New Scout get registered. This code can be entered at the time of registration. Your passcode may only be used for New Scouts registered in fall of the current season, any additional siblings or Scouts will have to pay the full youth fee ($12).
WHEN IS FALL DAY CAMP?
Fall Day Camp is offered every weekend in October at camps throughout the metro area. See the register tab for specific dates at each location.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CAMP?
- A water bottle
- Closed-toed shoes (mandatory at camp)
- Warm layers (we will be outside most of the day)
- Rain gear (just in case)
- Part A & B of the BSA Medical Form
- And youth should also bring the Shooting Sports Permission Slip (see below).
WHAT FORMS DO I NEED TO BRING TO CAMP?
Each participant must have a completed BSA Medical Form (Parts A and B only - all participants) and the Minnesota Shooting Sports Waiver (youth only).
All forms must be turned in at check in for your camp session. Digitally submitted forms will not be accepted.
WHAT FOOD IS PROVIDED AT FALL DAY CAMP?
Food is not provided for Fall Day Camp in 2023.
WHERE DO I GO TO CHECK-IN?
- Stearns Scout Camp - Tonkawa Lodge
- Phillippo Scout Camp - Seeonee Lodge
- Rum River Scout Camp - Thurston Lodge
- Base Camp - TeamBuilding Center front desk
- Kiwanis Scout Camp - The check-in desk right next to the primary (non-overflow) parking.
WHAT is THE PAYMENT TIMELINE?
Full payment is required at the time of registration.
All events hosted by the Northern Star Camping Department utilize the same cancellation policy:
Requests for refunds/cancellations need to be made in writing (preferably via email). The amount refunded is determined by when we are notified. If we are notified:
- 30 or more days prior to the start date of your session: all fees paid besides the deposit will be refunded to you or your unit (dependent upon the program you are cancelled for).
- 29 to 8 days prior to the start date of your session: all fees paid besides the deposit will be refunded to you or your unit as a credit that can used for any program operated by the Northern Star Camping Department.
- This credit can be applied to any future registration(s) that have a balance due.
- This credit will be available for 365 days from the date of the cancellation.
- Some examples of programs this credit could be used at include: Cub Summer Camp, Scouts BSA Summer Camp, Fall Day Camp, Polar Cubs, North Wind, Snow Base.
- This credit currently cannot be applied to facility reservations or events held by other parts of Northern Star, such as the Klondike Derby or Wood Badge.
- 7 or less days prior to the start date of your session: all fees paid will be forfeited.
Exceptions will be made at the discretion of the camp director for family or medical emergencies.