Dietary Restrictions and Special Requests
Including Food Allergies
This page covers the dietary restrictions and special requests process for Cub Scout Summer Camp, Arrow of Light Summer Camp, Scouts BSA Summer Camp (Many Point and Tomahawk), and Council ran programs such as Spooky-Ree, Polar Cubs, North Wind, and Snow Base.
Camp Northern Star offers the following meal plans:
- Standard Meal Plan (No Dietary Restrictions)
- Peanuts or Tree Nut Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Pork Free
It’s important to note that all meals for all meal plans are produced in one kitchen, and our standard menus contains gluten and lactose. While:
- All dishware is sanitized to the point that cross-contamination cannot happen
- The ingredients used to make the gluten and lactose free meals plans do not contain their respective allergens (gluten for the gluten free plan, lactose for the lactose free plan)
- We do not use nuts in any of our cooking. However, some individually wrapped items may contain nuts. Please read the labels of individually wrapped items.
Sharing the "airspace" means that some trace amounts of these allergens may cross-contaminate the meals of the other meal plans. If your camper has severe reactions to trace amounts of these allergens, please contact the camp.
What if those meal plans do not work for me?
We are not able to make substitutes on our meal plans, provide alternate food for additional restrictions, or provide food for participants with multiple of the restrictions above. However, we will store and serve all food that is brought for participants who have additional dietary restrictions.
How to Submit Your Dietary Restrictions
Please submit your preference in your online registration portal. There is a field on each participant's information where you can indicate dietary restrictions. If you’d like to speak to someone for support, please call our customer service line (bottom of webpage) and they can help direct your call.
Camp Northern Star understands you may need accommodations to better enjoy your stay, such as:
- Electricity needs in campsites/buildings for CPAP or other medical devices
- Accommodations for wheelchairs or other disabilities
We strive to provide the needs of our guests, and every camp is different. For best service please contact us directly. If via email, for fastest response please specify which camp and program you’re attending and include details of your request.