- Indoor Housing with internet and air conditioning
- 30 foot tall waterslide and 90 feet of slip and slide
- Small group sizes and more time at each rotation
Indoor Restrooms and Showers
Tonkawa Lodge serves as the main shower and restroom facility for the entire camp. A single indoor restroom is also available in the nature building.
Latrines and porta pots are located throughout camp - you won't be able to go far without seeing one! They are in all program areas that don't have restroom access and in the campsite area. Latrines are stocked with toillet paper and a hand washing station.
All of your meals will be served cafeteria style in the dining hall. Due to large numbers of participants we may divide everyone into two groups for lunch and dinner. These groups are assigned by rank.
- Check-In begins in the Dining Hall
- A staff member will greet you at the front gate and direct you to the parking lot. Note that there are other programs occuring at the same time, so please pay close attention to parking instructions.
- At check-in you will be asked to provide your name and pack number and then turn in your completed health forms (for ALL youth and adults) as well as shooting sports waivers. If you forget to bring them we will have blank ones available for you to fill out.
- After you have checked in, you will wait at the dining hall until the rest of your group arrives. At 9::00 am a staff member will guide the group out to your opening game to begin the day,
8:15 am Check-In
9:00 am Opening Activity
9:00 am Morning Rotations - move around camp doing age appropriate activities.
11:00 am Lunch
12:00 pm Afternoon Rotations
2:00 pm Snack Time
2:30 pm Game
3:30 pm Closing Activity
3:45 pm Departure
Note: you will recieve a more detailed schedule at camp.
Directions to Stearns Scout Camp
Address: 3303 County Road 44, South Haven, MN, 55382 Mobile GPS devices will recognize this address and lead you directly to the camp gate.
From St. Paul: Head West on Interstate 94. Take exit 178 at Clearwater. Turn left on county road 24 and follow signs to camp.
Summer Camp Contact Information
June - August please use the following contact information
Summer Camp Phone Number: 612-261-2303
Camp Director Email: [email protected]
Please note that during the day we might not be able to answer a call or immediately respond to an email. We will do our best to respond back to you within 24 hours.